It's easy to be passive in our thoughts. We're bombarded with so many concepts and opinions everyday that we have learned to tune them out - smile and nod and ignore the message - or assimilate it subconsciously. I do it regularly.
But every once in a while, I recognize a trend: a series of unrelated sources all presenting me with the same questions to ponder. And that's when I take notice. That's when I think intentionally...

Monday 2 May 2011

Just How I See It

Art has value because it consists of more than just the scene or the subject.  It is about the interpretation of the artist - the points they value emphasized in striking beauty and contrasted against the backdrop of mundane, everyday sights.  Every feature is planned; every line, a piece of their unique signature.  Whereas the scene itself can be seen through a lit window, the artist is like darkened glass.  They filter our view through themselves, so that we not only see what is beyond, but in it, the reflection of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment